Fabrication Of A Stainless Steel Tank Drawer
H&S Manufacturing is an industry leader in custom fabrications. This dental milling center project required various machining capabilities as well as part engineering and process design.
To fabricate this tank drawer assembly to the client’s specifications, we determined that utilizing our Amada LASMAC LC2415 2500 W laser would produce a stainless piece with a high-quality finish and appearance. This advanced capability allowed us to fabricate the large radius features on each end of the part without any tooling costs.
Constructed from ASTM-A240 and ASTM-A666 stainless steel, we utilized conventional fabrication processes including shearing, drilling, brake press forming, spot welding, and grain sanding. Once assembled, this tank drawer measured 21.811" x 10.630" x 3.047".
As this is part of a dental milling center, the stainless steel surface was passivated per AMS 2700 Method 1, Type 2 standards. The finishing procedure removed surface contaminants and increased corrosion resistance.
Our quality measures included in-process dimensional and visual inspections. We upheld tolerances to the required ±.005".
The following table outlines this fabrication project. For additional information, please feel free to contact us.Request Quote
Highlights Of This Fabrication Of A Stainless Steel Tank Drawer Project
- Product Description
- Dental Milling Center
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
Brake Press Forming
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Amada LASMAC LC2415 2500 Watt laser,
Amada FaB 1030NT 10 ft. Brake,
36" Timesaver series 3100 automatic wet sander
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 21.811" x 10.630" x 3.047"
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- Stainless Steel - ASTM-A240, ASTM-A666
- Material Finish
- Passivated AMS 2700 Method 1, Type 2
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection checked with Brown and Sharpe Mistral CMM Coordinate Measuring Machine , Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 20 w/days
- Delivery Location
- Plano, TX
- Standards Met
- RoHS, Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing, 3D model Creo Parametric formerly known as Pro/E, AMS 2700 Method 1, Type 2
- Product Name
- Tank Drawer