Aerospace Metal Fabricating Services
Imprecise or defective components are never acceptable, but in the aerospace industry, parts with imperfections can potentially result in disastrous events and loss of life. Parts for this sector not only have to be high quality but they must also ensure reliable performance and safe operation given the extreme temperatures, pressures, and corrosive environments they’ll encounter. Quality aerospace metal fabrication services generate durable parts with high accuracy and uniformity, meeting some of the tightest tolerance ranges of any industry.
With over half a century of metalworking experience, H&S Manufacturing Co. has become a trusted aerospace fabricator. We take the need for uncompromising quality seriously, putting precision engineering and client support at the core of our aerospace sheet metal fabrication services.
Aerospace Metal Fabrication
Using high-speed, multi-tool machinery, H&S Manufacturing offers a comprehensive suite of custom sheet metal fabrication services. After part design and material procurement, we’ll begin fabricating a part based on your project’s needs, ideal manufacturing processes, and budgetary considerations.
Our team is equipped with advanced machinery and software to efficiently carry out forming, bending, punching, notching, shearing, graining, and extruding fabrication services. We also provide welding and various finishings like heat treating, powder coating, wet painting, and sandblasting to improve the surface appearance of your part or enhance its material properties.
Our laser-cutting equipment, punch-laser machines, and punch presses are capable of fabricating a wide range of sheet metal materials, including:
- Galvanized cold-rolled steel
- Galvanized hot-rolled steel
- Stainless steel
Our aerospace fabricators will work closely with you to determine which materials are best suited to your purposes and budget. In materials ranging from 0.015 inches to 0.187 inches in thickness, we can meet the aerospace industry’s stringent quality standards by achieving tolerances as tight as ±0.005 inches. Our team produces parts both large and small for the aerospace sector, with capabilities for everything from one-off prototypes to high-volume production.
Aerospace Alloys for Metal Fabrication
Aerospace parts benefit from high-performance alloy construction, enabling them to stand up to the rigors of corrosive substances, environmental conditions, extreme and fluctuating temperatures and pressures, and more. These alloys achieve properties that standard metals cannot, allowing for enhanced reliability in rugged aerospace applications such as airframes and aircraft engines.
Three common alloys that aerospace sheet metal fabrication companies use in part production are:
- Aluminum. This metal is well known for its light weight, electrical conductivity, and resistance to damage and fatigue. Alloying aluminum with other materials further enhances its strength. Aerospace-grade aluminum is an optimal choice for engine turbines, fuselages, wing panes, passenger seats, and numerous other aircraft parts. Some of the most common aerospace aluminum alloys include 6061, 7475-02, and 7075.
- Stainless steel. Stainless steel is a collection of iron-carbon alloys with chromium as 10 to 30% of its material makeup. They offer superior corrosion and thermal resistance along with mechanical strength. You’ll find stainless steel parts in components like landing gear, airframes, and jet engines.
- Brass. This material has a high-hardness, workable copper-zinc alloy with excellent corrosion and thermal resistance. For aerospace metal fabrication, brass is suitable for brake and wheel parts, cargo doors, landing gear, and electrical part casings.
Aerospace Metal Fabricating by H&S Manufacturing
Founded in 1968, H&S Manufacturing consistently meets the stringent quality, precision, and safety standards of our aerospace partners. We’re also authorized to handle Covered Defense Information (CDI), and we maintain robust physical site security, along with cutting-edge cybersecurity measures. From our ISO 9001:2015- and AS9100D-registered facility, we provide aerospace metal fabrication services with a focus on durability, reliability, appearance, budget, and timely delivery.
Request a quote today to begin your aerospace fabrication project, and one of our team members will reach out to you within 24 hours.