Automotive Metal Fabricating Company
Automotive metal fabrication is a reliable method of manufacturing custom automobile components using bending, forming, welding, and cutting. Custom metal fabricators can repair, modify, and create various vehicle components, including frame and body, exhaust system, suspension system, and roll cage components. While various metals are receptive to metal fabrication methods, it is critical to consider the fabrication techniques you intend to use and the purpose of the fabricated component. H&S Manufacturing’s custom fabrication capabilities ensure your fabricated automotive components exceed your expectations and the highest standards.
Automotive Metal Fabrication Processes
Automotive metal fabrication is a process that allows manufacturers to form raw metal into shapes ready for assembly. For instance, automobile frames are composed of panels made to the correct shape using custom metal fabrication. These processes are typically performed by specialized fabrication facilities and delivered to the automobile assembly plant.
The process consists of cutting, bending, forming, bonding, and finishing the components. The cutting process relies on several advanced cutting tools. Bending and forming services include V-bends, U-bends, and custom forming. Brazing, adhesives, welding, and riveting can be used to join sheets of metal as part of the bonding process. The components move on to finishing after they are cut, formed, and joined to complete the intended form.
Typical Applications of Automotive Metal Fabrication
Metal fabrication performs various functions in the automotive industry. It is capable of everything from automobile modification and customization to restoring and repairing the exterior body, interior, and undercarriage components of the automobile. The following applications rely on metal fabrication:
- Body and Frame Fabrication: Body restoration shops and automobile manufacturers rely on metal fabrication for manufacturing and repairing vehicle frames and body components. Fabricators can manufacture panels and formed metal components. They can also provide welding and sheet metal forming to repair and strengthen body and frame components.
- Exhaust System Fabrication: Metal fabricators can create custom exhaust systems for custom and modified automobiles. Fabricators use forming, bending, and welding to deliver the intended shape. They can also manufacture hangers and brackets to mount the fabricated exhaust system.
- Custom Component Fabrication: Metal fabrication can create custom vehicle components, such as brackets and mounts, for modification and upgrading automobiles.
- Suspension System Fabrication: Metal fabricators can manufacture and modify automobile suspension systems. They can fabricate strut towers, sway bars, and control arms to enhance vehicle handling and performance.
- Roll Cage Fabrication: Metal car part fabrication is a reliable method of creating off-road vehicle and race car roll cages. They protect vehicle occupants during rollovers and require custom fabrication to fit the vehicles and comply with safety requirements.
- Customization and Restoration: Metal fabrication is ideal for customizing and restoring vintage and classic vehicles. Metal fabricators can create components to replace and repair damaged and rusted panels, create unique components to enhance performance and appearance, and fabricate custom automobile body modifications.
- Prototype Development: Metal fabrication is essential in the prototyping and development of automobiles. Fabrication facilitates testing of components, parts, and assemblies for effectiveness and feasibility before mass production.
Important Considerations in Automotive Metal Fabrication
Automotive metal fabrication requires several critical considerations. Material selection is the first consideration. The material must meet the manufacturer’s requirements for durability and ease of manufacturing, as well as the requirements for the material’s mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance. Material cost, weight, corrosion resistance, tensile strength, weldability, machinability, and ductility are also crucial factors to consider during metal fabrication. Technological advances, such as computer-guided metal forming, have made a considerable impact on the process.
Automotive Metal Fabrication by H&S Manufacturing
Car metal fabrication is the process of creating, repairing, and modifying automotive components, such as suspension, roll cage, body, and exhaust system parts. Its customization and flexibility make metal fabrication ideal for prototyping components for testing and fitting. Metal fabricators can cut, form, bend, and weld custom pieces for any vehicle. It is essential to consider the fabrication methods in use and end-use application to ensure the correct material is selected.
H&S Manufacturing can assist you in selecting the ideal material and provide high-quality automotive metal fabrication services to deliver the custom components your vehicle or project requires. We have delivered metal fabrication services that exceed our clients’ expectations and have met the highest standards since 1968. Contact us to speak with a team member about your automotive metal fabrication project.